Acrylic nails are so much in vogue today. Ladies who cannot do without a manicure often use them to add some style, glam, and length to their nails. Acrylic nails look beautiful and are easy to wear. You can go to a nail salon, choose the desired length and nail color and get your acrylic nails manicured in the way you want. But do you know, you need to take them off after some days? Acrylic nails do not last forever, and we suggest you take them off after a month to let your nails breathe before you put on the new ones. And this is where the hustle starts. Removing acrylic nails is not easy. You may need the help of a technician to remove them. But what if the nail salon is closed and you need to remove your nails urgently? In this situation, the most common way to remove your fake nails is using acetone. Acetone is a potent chemical solvent that quickly removes acrylic nails. However, this quick fix to remove your nails may harm them.
How to Take Off Acrylic Nails without Acetone?
The nail salon’s shut, and acetone may damage your health. How do you remove your acrylic nails now?
Dear ladies fret not; here is how you can remove acrylic nails without acetone.
Method 1 – Acetone-Free Nail Paint Remover
Yes, you heard it right. The markets today are full of chemical-free cosmetics. From your regular creams and moisturizers to shampoos and others – many brands have started using an all-natural formula while manufacturing their products. So why not find the brands that make acetone-free nail paint remover and use it to remove your acrylic nails?Many acetone-free nail polish removing products comprise solvents such as isopropyl, acetate, and propylene carbonate. While these solvents are still chemicals, they are less harmful to both your nails and health. You may have to work a little harder to remove the fake nails. But at least, the process will not be so damaging.
Method 2 – Warm Water
When nothing else works, warm water always comes to the rescue. Whether it is washing your face or removing your makeup or fixing any other cosmetic concern, warm water always acts as a knight in shining armor for your skin and nails.The hack is simple. All you need to do is take some warm water and add a few drops of liquid soap into it. Soak your nails into this solution for at least twenty minutes before you proceed to remove them. In the meantime, you may try moving the nails around so that they loosen up. The glue on your acrylic nails will loosen, after which you can use an orange stick to peel them off.If twenty minutes aren’t enough to loosen the fake nails, soak your nails in water for another ten minutes.
Method 3 – Cuticle Oil
You can also use cuticle oil to remove these nails. This superior method not only helps you get rid of acrylic nails but keeps your real nails healthy and well-nourished. All you need to do is hold a Q-tip soaked in the oil against each nail for five minutes. Ensure that enough oil reaches under the areas of the nails. You will notice that they will start coming up.If you want to act faster, soak the entire cotton ball in the cuticle oil. Instead of holding it against each nail, wrap it with tape. You can also use tin foil and cover your nails for some time. Once the fake nails have loosened, use an orange stick to remove the leftovers.
Method 4 – Dental Floss
Using dental floss to do away with your fake nails is a good idea. This method works even better when combined with the previous two methods. After soaking your nails in warm water or using cuticle oil, take dental floss and slide it under your fake nails.Move the floss back and forth along your nail until it gets loosened and pops off. Flossing may damage your nails a little bit. Thus, make sure to buff them properly. Apply some cuticle oil and lotion to keep them nourished and moisturized.
Points to Consider While Removing your Acrylic Nails
- Do not yank your nails while doing the above-listed remedies. If you do so, you may injure your nails badly and make them bleed. In the worst-case scenario, you may suffer from an infection.
- Once you are done removing the fake nails, use cuticle oil now and then to restore the nail bed to its natural condition. Keep your nails moisturized as much as possible.
- Scrape off the leftover acrylic nails properly. The glue shouldn’t be left on the nail bed for a long time.
- Do not use too warm water while doing the process, or you may end up burning your hands. At the same time, use the orange stick carefully.
- Ensure that you give enough time to each of the hacks listed above, or the results will not satisfy you. Remember, these are home remedies that demand enough time.
- Every time you remove your acrylic nails, allow your natural nails to stay for at least tendays before opting for new nails. The said period will give your nails enough nourishment and keep them healthy. After all, using too many chemicals on your nails is a big no.
- When choosing an acetone-free nail paint remover, ensure that you pick a reputed and reliable brand. Research enough about the manufacturer before buying the product. Read the content details thoroughly and then buy the right product.
- Buff your nails from time to time to retain their gloss and shine. Make it a habit to use cuticle oil on your nails to keep them hydrated. Eat healthy to maintain your nail’s health and avoid breakage and chipping. Also, chewing nails is one bad habit!
These were some of the easiest ways to remove your acrylic nails at home without Acetone. These methods are not only budget-friendly, but they are also quick and can save you a lot of time. The post-care, however, is very important as it can take up to 4 months for your nails to regain their strength fully. Therefore, follow the necessary steps to maintain healthy and beautiful nails.